Alberta Superintendent of Insurance
The Office of the Superintendent of Insurance regulates and creates policy for the insurance market in the province to ensure that Albertans have affordable access to the insurance coverage they require, by monitoring the effectiveness of the market, and responding to the needs of the province and its citizens.
See the menu to your left for more information about
Insurance, or use the quick links below to access highlighted topics.
August 18, 2017 - Insurance List Updated
- Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies - Licensed in Alberta
This list includes Insurance Classes, Attorney for Service (the person delegated to accept service of legal papers), and contact information for Complaint Liaison Officers.
August 9, 2017 - Registers updated
August 1, 2017 - Superintendent of Insurance 2016 Annual Business Report
June 16, 2017 - Superintendent of Insurance Update
June 6, 2017 - Register updated
June 2, 2017 - Insurance List Updated.
- Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies - No Longer Licensed in Alberta
This list includes those that have withdrawn, amalgamated or changed names. Licences are issued on a calendar year basis (January 1 to December 31).
May 16, 2017 - Financial Data
- Financial Data for Alberta Incorporated Insurance Companies - 2017 First Quarter reports added.
May 9, 2017 - Superintendent of Insurance Bulletin 01-2017:
Updates to Prescribed Automobile Insurance Accident Benefit and Minor Injury Forms
- This bulletin is to advise all stakeholders of changes to all prescribed Accident Benefit (AB) and Minor Injury (MI) forms applicable to Alberta automobile insurance Accident Benefits (including DTPR) claims and Certified Examinations. Click here for Superintendent of Insurance Bulletin 01-2017.
- The following prescribed Accident Benefit (AB) and Minor Injury (MI) forms have been updated and are now available through the Insurance Forms page: AB-1, AB-1A, AB-2, AB-3, AB-4, AB-5, MI-1, MI-2 and MI-3.
March 3, 2017 - Financial Data
- Financial Data for Alberta Incorporated Insurance Companies - 2016 Annual Returns added.
February 15, 2017 - Canadian Council of Insurance Regulators (CCIR) Annual Statement on Market Conduct Forms
- links added to Insurance Forms page
- Click here for the Insurance Forms page, with the CCIR Annual Statement on Market Conduct Forms added. These forms are to be filed with the Autorité des marchés financiers’ (AMF) in accordance with an agreement between Alberta and the AMF. If you have any questions about the filing requirements for these forms, please email Laurie Balfour or the CCIR.