Know the risks before participating in ride sharing services (July 27, 2015)
- Alberta’s Superintendent of Insurance has issued an advisory notice on ride sharing services and the insurance risk they currently pose to Albertans. The Superintendent’s office recently reviewed Uber’s insurance policies and found significant issues with regulatory compliance. Albertans are at risk of not having access to insurance protection and accident benefits under Alberta law if using Uber’s ride sharing services, and potentially other ride sharing services as well. More information.
2014-15 annual reports now available online (June 30, 2015)
- Released today were the Government of Alberta Annual Report, ministry annual reports and Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund Annual Report.
- The Government of Alberta Annual Report includes an Executive Summary with key fiscal information, the Consolidated Financial Statements and Measuring Up, a report on performance results. More information.
Legislation to restore fairness to Alberta’s tax system (June 18, 2015; Royal Assent June 29, 2015)
- The government introduced changes to corporate and personal income taxes and is taking action to reverse proposed unfair fees. Bill 2, An Act to Restore Fairness in Public Revenue, 2015 received Royal Assent on June 29, 2015, and will increase the corporate income tax rate by two percentage points and introduce a more progressive personal income tax system.
- Read the news release or watch the news conference.
- 2015 Personal Income Tax Calculator (updated June 26, 2015)
- Personal Income Tax Changes - Questions and Answers (added June 24, 2015)
- Corporate Tax Change - Questions and Answers (added June 24, 2015)
- Alberta's Tax Advantage
- Calculating personal income taxes
- TRA - General and Program index
- TRA - Corporate Tax Net File
- TRACS - TRA Client Self-Service
- Insurance forms
- Consumer information, complaints
- What to do after an auto collision
- Information for Insurers
- Public sector pensions
- Private sector pensions and Forms
- Unlocking pension funds
- Interpretive Guidelines
- Superintendent's lists and reports
- Treasury Board & Finance Publications
- Alberta Programs and Services
- Heritage Fund
- Financial Institutions
- About Alberta’s economy
- Alberta Family Employment Tax Credit
- Annual reports
- Automobile insurance
- Budgets and quarterly updates
- Consolidated financial statements (shows government revenue and spending)
- Corporate income tax overview and forms
- Expenses policies
- Government of Alberta flight manifests