Treasury Board and Finance - Our Business
Treasury Board and Finance is responsible for economic analysis, budget planning and providing a coordinated and disciplined approach to the management of government spending.
As detailed in the ministry’s business plan, its core businesses are as follows. See the left-side menu for more information.
- budget development and reporting;
- economics and fiscal policy;
- treasury management (see provincial borrowing and banking and payment security);
- government accounting standards, financial management policies, performance planning and reporting;
- tax policy and tax and revenue administration; and
- financial sector regulation and policy (regulating insurance, pensions, financial institutions and Alberta’s capital market).
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance fulfills some of its key responsibilities with the help of numerous provincial agencies, boards, commissions and provincial corporations.
In addition, the Public Agency Secretariat (PAS), the Government of Alberta's centrally-located resource on public agencies, reports to our Minister, and collaborates with departments and public agencies to promote a consistent approach to public agency governance, recruitment and compensation. See the links below for:
- current board opportunities; and
- information and resources related to all Government of Alberta public agencies.