Treasury Board and Finance - Our Business
Treasury Board and Finance is responsible for economic analysis, budget planning and providing a coordinated and disciplined approach to the management of government spending. The ministry’s key responsibilities include:
- budget development and reporting;
- results-based budgeting - comprehensive review of all programs and services;
- capital plans and alternative capital financing;
- tax policy and administration;
- analyzing economic and financial trends and forecasting Alberta’s economic picture;
- accounting standards and financial reporting, financial management and control policies and performance planning and reporting;
- regulating insurance, pensions, financial institutions and Alberta’s capital market;
- agency governance; and
- Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission.
Alberta Treasury Board and Finance fulfills some of its key responsibilities with the help of numerous provincial agencies, boards, commissions and provincial corporations.