Information for Consumers
The following information is available in this section and is also available from the left-side menu.
- See the Wildfires and Insurance page for information for Albertans impacted by the Fort McMurray wildfires.
- Know the risks before participating in ride for hire services.
- This information includes tips on what to do before and after a flood, overland flooding, vehicle damage, claims, resources from the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the Disaster Recovery Program, and an update on the "Overland Flood Insurance Coverage" offered by Beaufort Insurance Services..
- See this section for information on Insurance Claim or Policy Complaints; Dispute Resolution Process; Insurance Conduct Complaints; and Insurance Industry Information.
- This page has a list of Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies Licensed in Alberta; which also includes Complaint Liaison Officer contact information. There is also a list of Insurers, Reciprocal Insurance Exchanges, and Fraternal Societies No Longer Licensed in Alberta. The page also has a link to Financial Data for Alberta Incorporated Insurance Companies.
- This page has Automobile Insurance Policies and Application Forms; Endorsements; information on Automobile Insurance Complaints; and Automobile Accident Benefit Claim and Prescribed Forms.
- This page has useful tips and information, and a Summary and Collision Worksheet form you can print and keep in your glove compartment.
- This page includes the 5 things homeowners should know about property insurance.
- The Government of Alberta conducted a survey on the recovery, rehabilitation and claim process for those individuals involved in an automobile collision. The survey is now closed and the content is for information only.
- Report on Insurance
Coverages for the Alberta Voluntary Sector (06/14/07)
(See also: Non-Profit Sector Insurance Toolkit (Alberta Justice and Attorney General, 2006)
Page last updated: May 6, 2016