Personal Information Banks
Directory of Personal Information Banks
Each Alberta government department is required to have a directory of personal information banks (PIBs) and make it available to the public. A personal information bank lists the type of personal information held by a public body. The public can view a personal information bank to get information about:
- The title or name of the information bank;
- The location of the information bank;
- What kind of personal information is contained in the information bank;
- What categories of individuals the information pertains to;
- Why the information was collected and how it is used or disclosed; and
- The legal authority for the collection of the information.
A personal information bank does not provide direct access to an individual’s records.
For further information on how to obtain personal records, contact:
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Coordinator