Annual Reports, Consolidated Financial Statements, Measuring Up
In June, the government publishes its financial results, and reports on the general well-being and quality of life of Albertans in the Government and Ministry Annual Reports.
- Web page
- Complete Volume
(1.3 MB, 136 pages - or download sections below):
- Executive Summary
- 2014-15 Consolidated Financial Statements
(overall accounting of the government’s revenue and spending, and assets and liabilities)
- Measuring Up 2015
(report on the progress that has been made towards achieving the government’s goals)
- 2014-15 Ministry Annual Reports
(additional details on performance and financial results)
- 2014-15 Heritage Fund Annual Report
- Blue Book (selected payments for supplies and services by department)
- Grant Payments Disclosure
- Expenses Policies
- Alberta Government Flight Manifests
- MLA Payments
Minister Ceci seeking input for Budget 2015 and Budget 2016 (July 30, 2015)
Starting Thursday, July 30, Albertans can visit the budget website (budget.alberta.ca) to provide ideas and comments for both Budget 2015 and Budget 2016 and to watch a pre-budget presentation by Finance Minister Joe Ceci. Submissions will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. MST on Monday, September 14. More information.
Interim Supply highlights
With the change of government in May 2015, an Appropriation (Interim Supply) Bill is being used to fund government operations until a new budget can be introduced in the fall of 2015. Appropriation - or Supply Bills - are what governments use to show their plans and activities to the Legislative Assembly. Every dollar spent by a government department must be approved through an Appropriation Act or other financial legislation, which is passed by the Legislative Assembly. More information:
- News release: Bill 3 restores stability to Alberta’s education, health care and human services, and freezes tuition - June 18, 2015
- Bill 3: Appropriation (Interim Supply) Act, 2015 (No. 2) (received Royal Assent June 29, 2015)
- 2015-16 Interim Supply Estimates No. 2
- News conference: watch the video or listen to the audio.
See Budget 2015 documents for the budget which was introduced on March 26, 2015.