Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions
The Alberta Superintendent of Financial Institutions is responsible for the following duties as they relate to financial institutions:
- Assisting financial services consumers by providing information on
- financial services in Alberta; and
- resolving complaints or concerns toward a fair resolution;
- Minimizing the risk of loss to deposit holders and consumers of trust products in Alberta;
- Assisting financial services providers with information on
- registry services including incorporation, registration and filing requirements; and
- complying with legislation;
- Promoting a level, fair and competitive environment for financial institutions in Alberta.
See the left-side menu above for more information about Financial
Institutions, or use the quick links below to access highlighted topics.
November 14, 2013
List of registered loan and trust corporations in Alberta and incorporating jurisdiction updated.
September 16, 2013
List of registered credit unions in Alberta updated.
December 14, 2012
Credit Union Bulletin #23 - Annual Filings (due January 2013)