Budgeting for Alberta
- Visit the Budget 2013 website for more information about Budget 2013.
Albertans' views on building their own provincial budget
- The Budget Choice website was an online tool that was developed to give Albertans the opportunity to build their own provincial budget and make choices about where the government should focus its spending priorities. Read the information bulletin and click here to read ideas submitted by Albertans.
How does the lower price Alberta receives for our oil affect our bottom line? Learn about Alberta's Fiscal Challenge (oil price differential).
- Learn about the Results-based Budgeting process and work currently underway.
Public consultations regarding Budget 2013 and the Fiscal Framework took place in fall 2012. A report is now available online. Learn more.
- Visit this page to access budget documents and quarterly updates by fiscal year. These documents are available online from 1997-98 on.
- Copies of Budget 2013 and the 2013-16 Government of Alberta Business Plans are also available by calling 780-427-3035. For toll free access within Alberta, dial 310-0000.
- Fiscal Management Act (will replace the Government Accountability Act and Fiscal Responsibility Act)
- Financial Administration Act (sections 4 to 9 and part 3)
- Fiscal Responsibility Act
- Results-based Budgeting Act