Alberta's economy, demography, and Alberta Official Statistics
on a variety of topics
This section provides economic information - analysis of current economic conditions and forecasts of the Alberta economy.
Also available is content from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), including demographic information, population projection scenarios, and Alberta Official Statistics on a variety of topics. See the left-side menu above, or access new publications below.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Weekly - Economic
Review (April 22, 2016)
Economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Weekly - Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance (April 22, 2016)
Most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Monthly - Economic Trends (March 2016)
Analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. InFocus this month: Current Downturn in a Historical Context.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes (April 2016)
Analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta. Labour InSight this month:
Employment Insurance beneficiaries elevated across Alberta
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics (4th Quarter of 2015, added March 2016)
Demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Data Tables - Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter (Excel format).
- April 14, 2016: 2016-19 Economic Outlook (pdf) and Economic Outlook web page updated, with Budget 2016
- November 4, 2015: Alberta Population Pyramid - shows changes in age distribution of Alberta's population from 1921 to 2015
Please note: Click here for updates to the Alberta Official Statistics.