About Alberta's economy and demography
This section of the Treasury Board and Finance website provides forecasts of the Alberta economy, analysis of current economic conditions, demographic information, population projection scenarios, and quantitative economic impact analyses of major developments within the province. See the left-side menu above for links to this information.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
- Economic Review: contains economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance: contains the most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Monthly - Economic Trends: contains timely analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. The “In Focus” section of each issue covers a relevant economic topic in more depth.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes: contains timely analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta, released the same day as Statistics Canada’s Labour Force Survey. Also covers a labour market topic in more detail.
- Labour Market Notes - includes Labour Insight: Recent Trends in Alberta’s Unemployment Rate: an Industry Perspective (June 2013)
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics: contains demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Most recent report: Quarterly population report for 4th Quarter of 2012 (added March 20, 2013).
- This section also includes Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter Data Tables in Excel format, updated quarterly.
- Annually - Economic Outlook: published with the provincial budget every year; updates may be published with quarterly fiscal report.
- May 9, 2013 - 2011 National Household Survey Highlights (Release 1)
- March 7, 2013 - Economic Outlook for 2013-16 (see the Budget 2013 website for more information).
- February 19, 2013 - Economic Outlook (included in 2012-13 Third Quarter Update).
- January 18, 2013 - Data Tables for the Economic Review publication are now available and will be updated weekly. The data file contains access to all data included in the tables and charts on pages 2 and 3 in Excel format.
- January 7, 2013 - the Alberta Population Pyramid animates changes in the age distribution of Alberta's population since 1921. The pyramid has been updated to include information to 2012.
- November 28, 2012 - Economic Outlook (included in 2012-13 Second Quarter Update).
- October 30, 2012 - Demographic information: Release 4, Language, has been added to the Highlights of the 2011 Census of Canada page.
- October 25, 2012 - Alberta Economic Multipliers, 2008:
Alberta economic multipliers for both open and closed models available for 59 industries and 44 commodity groups; available in electronic table format. [Ordering Information and Order Form - will open in a new window]
Other statistics are also available from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), Alberta's official statistical agency.