Alberta's economy, demography, and Alberta Official Statistics
on a variety of topics
This section provides economic information - analysis of current economic conditions and forecasts of the Alberta economy.
Also available is content from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), including demographic information, population projection scenarios, and Alberta Official Statistics on a variety of topics. See the left-side menu above, or access new publications below.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Weekly - Economic
Review (June 26, 2015)
Economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Weekly - Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance (June 26, 2015)
Most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Monthly - Economic Trends (May 2015)
Analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. The “InFocus” section of each issue covers a relevant economic topic in more depth. InFocus this month: Alberta's performance over the past 10 years.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes (June 2015)
Analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta. The "Labour InSight" section covers a labour market topic in more detail. Labour InSight this month: Signs of a cooling labour market.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics (1st Quarter of 2015, added June 2015)
Demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Data Tables - Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter (Excel format).
Please note: Alberta Official Statistics are in the Open Data Portal, except where noted. There are no technical or legal restrictions for using the data.
- June 29, 2015: High School Completion Rate of Students within 3 Years and within 5 Years of Entering Grade 10, Alberta
- June 26, 2015:
- June 25, 2015 - Alberta Official Statistics updated:
- Consumer Price Index, Year-Over-Year Percentage Change, Canada and Alberta
- Farm Cash Receipts, Farm Operating Expenses, Net Cash Income and Realized Net Income
- Food Manufacturing Industries, Sales and Employed Labour Force, Alberta
- International Agri-Food Exports, Alberta
- Major Crop Production, Alberta
- Real Gross Domestic Product per Hour Worked (Business Sector), Canada and Provinces
- Real Gross Domestic Product for Primary Agriculture Industries, Alberta and Canada
- June 24, 2015: Hospitalization Rates, Canada, Provinces and Territories (PDF); or download the data in CSV format
- Note: This information product is subject to licensing restrictions and is not considered Open Data. Please refer to the PDF for the Metadata Risk Considerations, and for the Data Source, who you may contact directly for more details.
- June 23, 2015: Alberta Official Statistic: Infant Mortality Rates, Alberta and Alberta Health Services Continuum Zones
- June 19, 2015: Alberta Official Statistic: Employment Insurance Beneficiaries Receiving Regular Benefits, Alberta
- June 17, 2015: New Office of Statistics and Information website
- June 17, 2015: Video - Telling Alberta's Story in Numbers: The Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics
- June 10, 2015: Alberta Official Statistic: Traffic Collision Casualties, Alberta
- June 4, 2015: Alberta Official Statistic: Average Weekly Earnings (including overtime), Alberta
- June 2, 2015: Alberta Official Statistic: Consumer Price Index, Year-Over-Year Percentage Change, Canada and Alberta
- May 1, 2015 - Economic Multipliers 2011 - “Open” (direct and indirect impacts) and “Closed” (direct, indirect and induced impacts) models for 107 industries and 62 commodity groups, specific to the Alberta economy in 2011
- May 26, 2015 - Provincial Electoral Division Profiles - mail-out system added to select multiple PED files to be emailed
- March 26, 2015 - Economic Outlook for 2015-20 (see the Budget website for more information)
- February 24, 2015 - 2014-15 Third Quarter Update - Economic Outlook
- January 15, 2015 - Backgrounder on Alberta's Fiscal Situation