About Alberta's economy and demography
This section of the Treasury Board and Finance website provides forecasts of the Alberta economy, analysis of current economic conditions, demographic information, population projection scenarios, and quantitative economic impact analyses of major developments within the province. See the left-side menu above for links to this information.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
- Economic Review: contains economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance: contains the most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Monthly - Economic Trends: contains timely analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. The “In Focus” section of each issue covers a relevant economic topic in more depth.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes: contains timely analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta, released the same day as Statistics Canada’s Labour Force Survey. Also covers a labour market topic in more detail.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics: contains demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Most recent report: Quarterly population report for 4th Quarter of 2013 (added March 19, 2014).
- This section also includes Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter Data Tables in Excel format, updated quarterly.
- Annually - Economic Outlook: published with the provincial budget; updates may be published with quarterly fiscal report.
- Annually - Economic Multipliers 2009: for 107 industries and 62 commodity groups specific to the Alberta economy in 2009 (released October 3, 2013)
- April 2, 2014 - Budget 2014 - Alberta's Economic Outlook Presentation
- March 6, 2014 - Economic Outlook for 2014-17 (see the Budget 2014 website for more information).
- February 26, 2014 - 2013-14 Third Quarter Update - Economic Outlook
- December 3, 2013 - Participation in Alberta's Labour Force: The Impact of Population Ageing
- November 26, 2013 - Economic Outlook information included in 2013-14 Second Quarter Fiscal Update
- November 15, 2013 - Alberta Population Projections by Census Division, 2013-2041 - Highlights added
Other statistics are also available from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), Alberta's official statistical agency.