About Alberta's economy and demography
This section provides forecasts of the Alberta economy, analysis of current economic conditions, demographic information, population projection scenarios, and quantitative economic impact analyses of major developments within the province. See the left-side menu above for links to this information.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Economic Review: contains economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance: contains the most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector.
- Monthly - Economic Trends: contains timely analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. The “In Focus” section of each issue covers a relevant economic topic in more depth.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes: contains timely analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta, released the same day as Statistics Canada’s Labour Force Survey. Also covers a labour market topic in more detail.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics: contains demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Most recent report: Quarterly population report for 4th Quarter of 2014 (added March 18, 2015).
- Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter Data Tables (Excel format, updated quarterly).
- Annually - Economic Outlook: published with the provincial budget or fiscal updates.
- Annually - Economic Multipliers 2011: for 107 industries and 62 commodity groups specific to the Alberta economy in 2011 (released May 1, 2015)
- March 26, 2015 - Economic Outlook for 2015-20 (see the Budget 2015 website for more information).
- February 24, 2015 - 2014-15 Third Quarter Update - Economic Outlook
- January 15, 2015 - Backgrounder on Alberta's Fiscal Situation
Other statistics are also available from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), Alberta's official statistical agency.