Alberta's economy, demography, and Alberta Official Statistics
on a variety of topics
This section provides economic information - analysis of current economic conditions and forecasts of the Alberta economy.
Also available is content from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), including demographic information, population projection scenarios, and Alberta Official Statistics on a variety of topics. See the left-side menu above, or access new publications below.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Weekly - Economic
Review (November 27, 2015)
Economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Weekly - Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance (November 27, 2015)
Most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Monthly - Economic Trends (October 2015)
Analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes (November 2015)
Analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta. The "Labour InSight" section covers a labour market topic in more detail. Labour InSight this month: Albertans work part-time voluntarily.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics (2nd Quarter of 2015, added September 2015)
Demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Data Tables - Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter (Excel format).
- Please note: Click here for updates to the Alberta Official Statistics.
- November 4, 2015: Alberta Population Pyramid - shows changes in age distribution of Alberta's population from 1921 to 2015
- October 27, 2015: Economic Outlook for 2015-18 (see the Budget website for more information)
- October 27, 2015: Alberta's Economic Situation web page updated
- August 31, 2015: 2015-16 First Quarter Update - Economic Outlook
- July 31, 2015: Population projections (2015 - 2041) by single year of age and sex have been developed based on the component method.
- May 1, 2015: Economic Multipliers 2011 - “Open” (direct and indirect impacts) and “Closed” (direct, indirect and induced impacts) models for 107 industries and 62 commodity groups, specific to the Alberta economy in 2011
- May 26, 2015: Provincial Electoral Division Profiles - mail-out system added