Alberta's economy, demography, and Alberta Official Statistics
on a variety of topics
This section provides economic information - analysis of current economic conditions and forecasts of the Alberta economy.
Also available is content from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), including demographic information, population projection scenarios, and Alberta Official Statistics on a variety of topics. See the left-side menu above, or access new publications below.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Weekly - Economic
Review (February 5, 2016)
Economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Weekly - Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance (February 5, 2016)
Most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Monthly - Economic Trends (January 2016)
Analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. InFocus this month: 2015: Year in Review.
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes (February 2016)
Analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta. Labour InSight this month:
The 2015 Labour Market: A market in transition.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics (3rd Quarter of 2015, added December 2015)
Demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Data Tables - Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter (Excel format).
- Please note: Click here for updates to the Alberta Official Statistics.
- November 4, 2015: Alberta Population Pyramid - shows changes in age distribution of Alberta's population from 1921 to 2015
- October 27, 2015: Economic Outlook for 2015-18 (see the Budget website for more information)
- October 27, 2015: Alberta's Economic Situation web page updated
- August 31, 2015: 2015-16 First Quarter Update - Economic Outlook
- July 31, 2015: Population projections (2015 - 2041) by single year of age and sex have been developed based on the component method.
- May 1, 2015: Economic Multipliers 2011 - “Open” (direct and indirect impacts) and “Closed” (direct, indirect and induced impacts) models for 107 industries and 62 commodity groups, specific to the Alberta economy in 2011
- May 26, 2015: Provincial Electoral Division Profiles - mail-out system added