Alberta's economy, demography, and Alberta Official Statistics
on a variety of topics
This section provides economic information - analysis of current economic conditions and forecasts of the Alberta economy.
Also available is content from the Office of Statistics and Information (OSI), including demographic information, population projection scenarios, and Alberta Official Statistics on a variety of topics. See the left-side menu above, or access new publications below.
Want access to the latest economic and demographic
Except where noted, the following files are in pdf format and will open in a new window.
- Weekly - Economic
Review (June 24, 2016)
Economic commentary, statistics and indicators on the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Weekly - Alberta Economy - Indicators at a Glance (June 24, 2016)
Most recent data releases for key economic indicators relating to the overall economy, labour market, price indices, household sector and business sector. Updated every Friday afternoon.
- Monthly - Economic Trends (May 2016)
Analysis of current trends in Alberta’s economy. InFocus this month: Oil sector drags down economic output
- Monthly - Labour Market Notes (June 2016)
Analysis of the latest labour market data for Alberta. Labour InSight this month:
A snapshot of Wood Buffalo-Cold Lake’s labour market.
- Quarterly - Demographic Statistics (1st Quarter of 2016, added June 2016)
Demographic statistics including population growth, births, deaths, international migrants and interprovincial migrants.
- Data Tables - Alberta Components of Growth by Quarter (Excel format).
- June 21, 2016: Population projections (2016 - 2041) by single year of age and sex, based on the component method
- May 17, 2016: Aboriginal People in Alberta: A Regional Perspective added to National Household Survey highlights page
- April 14, 2016: 2016-19 Economic Outlook (pdf) and Economic Outlook web page updated, with Budget 2016
- November 4, 2015: Alberta Population Pyramid - shows changes in age distribution of Alberta's population from 1921 to 2015
Please note: Click here for updates to the Alberta Official Statistics.